The objective of the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant is to support wine or cider producers who add value by attracting visitors to wine regions, and thereby encourage wine tourism.
What do applicants get?
Wine producers who have met the eligibility criteria in the preceding financial year will be able to access an annual grant of up to $100,000 (GST exclusive) for their eligible rebatable domestic cellar door sales. Total funding under the grant program is capped at $10 million each financial year.
If the total value of all eligible applications exceeds the $10 million program cap in any one year, the value of individual grants will be reduced proportionally and be applied at a consistent rate for all approved applications.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grant, applicants must:
- be a wine or cider producer
- be a legal entity registered for GST with an active ABN
- have made at least $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) in sales of rebatable* wine in the relevant financial year
- accrue rebatable domestic cellar door sales in excess of any such sales used to meet the $1,207,000 (GST exclusive) threshold in the relevant financial year
- have paid the WET on all eligible sales used as part of the application
- have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year and/or their related entity/ies have owned or leased a physical cellar door in Australia in the relevant financial year, and
- have a liquor licence valid in the relevant financial year.
*rebatable wine relates to wine or a sale that is eligible for producer rebates as described under Division 19 of A New Tax System (Wine Equalisation Tax) Act 1999.
Before applying for this grant, ensure you have:
- read and understood the program guidelines
- worked your way through the decision tree to understand if you are eligible
- downloaded and reviewed our step by step guide to preparing a Statutory Declaration
- It’s suggested that you review the FAQs if you have questions.
When do applications open?
Applications for Round 2 (2019–20 financial year) opened on Monday 7 September and closed at 5.00pm (ACDT) on Friday 30 October 2020.
Things to note:
- Our frequently asked questions are updated regularly to reflect questions received regarding the Wine Tourism and Cellar Door Grants.
- For an application to be valid it must be accompanied by all of the required supporting documentation:
- a properly completed statutory declaration,
- evidence of a lease agreement, mortgage or certificate of title (with the map page included) in the name of the applicant or related entity for the physical cellar door in which the sales occurred, and
- evidence of the liquor licence for the physical cellar door valid in the relevant financial year.