Australian wine took centre stage in Shanghai on 13–15 November 2018 with a record-breaking presence at ProWine China, the leading international trade fair for wine and spirits, at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre.
Wine Australia’s largest-ever pavilion showcased Australia’s booming wine sector in our biggest export market by value – with the support of the Australian Government’s $50 million Export and Regional Wine Support Package (the $50m Package).
A record 47 exhibitors showcased 90 wine brands – compared to 40 brands in 2017 – from more than 20 wine regions across Australia, including Adelaide Hills, Barossa Valley, Beechworth, Clare Valley, Coonawarra, Eden Valley, Geographe, Great Southern, Henty, Hunter Valley, Langhorne Creek, Margaret River, McLaren Vale, Mornington Peninsula, Mount Benson, Murray Darling, Nagambie Lakes, Orange, Perth Hills, Pyrenees, Rutherglen, Tasmania, Upper Goulburn and Yarra Valley.
Between the 47 exhibitors, 6 in-pavilion tastings, 2 master classes and a seminar on cutting-edge wine business technology, the ‘Australian Wine Made Our Way’ themed pavilion was bustling with activity.
In-pavilion tasting classes explored:
- the ‘next wave’ of Shiraz from Victoria – including Heathcote, Yarra Valley, Mornington Peninsula, Beechworth, Rutherglen, Grampians and Pyrenees
- Margaret River’s emergence as a world-class region for exceptional Cabernet Sauvignon
- alternative varieties – exploring the diversity of McLaren Vale wines
- a tasting journey exploring the Barossa’s diverse palette of varieties, flavours and textures
- a tribute to New South Wales’ Riverina Durif as ‘the best unknown red wine in Australia’, and
- a ‘world of unique elegance’ unveiled by Victorian Pinot Noir.
The public master classes showcased rare and distinguished Barossa varieties, blends, estates, single vineyards and flagship releases; and the history and tradition of premium McLaren Vale Shiraz, along with ‘New Age’ trendsetters.
List of participating wine businesses
Pavilion Exhibitor Brochure / 澳大利亚葡萄酒国家展团展商手册