Are you interested in showcasing your research at a new and exciting international agrifood innovation forum?
AgriFutures are looking for 10 ground-breaking Australian research projects across a broad scope of industries that provide significant local impact, global relevance and application.
Wine Australia has an opportunity to put forward two research projects for consideration by AgriFutures.
What is evokeAG?
evokeAG. is an international agrifood tech event that will be held for the first time on 19–20 February 2019 in Melbourne. This event is an initiative of AgriFutures Australia, designed to gather and connect all people across the food and agriculture landscape.
evokeAG. will showcase leading innovation from Australia and internationally (with focus on Australia, New Zealand and Asia). Visit www.evokeag.com for information on speakers confirmed to date, as well as topics of discussion to be covered within the program agenda.
About the opportunity
Australia’s top 10: 5 minute thesis – research presentations will showcase up to 10 ground-breaking Australian research findings across a broad scope of agricultural and horticultural industries.
Only 10 researchers will be selected to present at the event. This opportunity is being shared through the Council of Rural RDCs and the Australian Council of Deans of Agriculture.
Each presentation will be limited to five minutes, providing concise insights into:
the background and significance of the research question being addressed
the results of the research, and
the outcomes and impact (nationally and internationally).
The research can be currently in progress or recently completed.
research findings must relate to the topic of either food, farm or future
research findings must demonstrate global significance/impact, and
presenting researchers must be able to attend evokeAG. on 19–20 February 2019 in Melbourne.
Submissions must contain:
a one-page comprehensive synopsis of the research and its global significance
a statement explaining why Wine Australia should put your project forward for consideration by AgriFutures (no longer than 250 words)
confirmation of the researcher’s availability and wish to attend the event on 19–20 February 2019, and
permission from all stakeholder organisations involved in the research that the research can be publicly discussed/shared.
Submissions close COB Friday 26 October 2018
No extensions will be given. Submissions will not be considered if:
- the required permissions are not given, or
- the comprehensive synopsis exceeds one page.
Wine Australia’s decision
Upon receiving the submissions Wine Australia will undertake an evaluation process to select up to two preferred projects. While Wine Australia can submit up to two research projects for consideration there is no guarantee you will proceed to the next stage.
Wine Australia will notify researchers of the outcome by 7 November 2018.
Things to note
Upon receiving the applications, evokeAG. will devise a program of presentations that address a wide range of topics across the three key themes, and across a wide range of industries. The successful applicants will be advised by Friday 16 November 2018 and will have until Friday 23 November 2018 to formally confirm their participation, otherwise the opportunity may be forfeited.
If you are successful in securing one of the 10 available positions:
- Wine Australia will support your travel to attend the event, and
- presenters will be provided with one complimentary evokeAG. delegate ticket.
Comprehension and content
- your presentation must provide an understanding of the background and significance to the research question being addressed, while explaining terminology and avoiding jargon
- your presentation must clearly describe the results of the research, including conclusions and outcomes and particularly impact
- your thesis topic, research significance, results/impact and outcomes must be communicated in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience, and
- you must have permission from the appropriate organisations and stakeholders involved in your research to present your research findings and information at evokeAG.
Engagement and communication
- you must convey enthusiasm, and capture and maintain their audience's attention
- you must not trivialise or generalise your research
- information must be presented in a logical sequence, taking the audience on a journey – and leaving them wanting more, and
- PowerPoint slides must be clear, legible and concise (templates will be provided for your consideration) – maximum of five slides and minimum font size 14pt.