Wine Australia is excited to share a new opportunity for Australian wineries who export to Quebec via the private import channel and local Quebec agents. In an effort to ease financial barriers to market, Wine Australia will work to support Australian wineries through a new program aimed to broaden the reach of in-market samples.
This multi-faceted program will aim to bring in a more diverse selection of private-import wines into the province of Quebec for sampling to key on-premise and private customer accounts.
The program will include a $200 CAD reimbursement for sample cases directly back to agents/wineries. Two sample bottles out of your sample case will be donated to Wine Australia for use in trade and media engagement, including virtual webinars. The remainder of the sample cases are for in-market agents to use at their discretion. There will be two cycles of the program during the 21-22 Fiscal year. Each cycle will include up to 40 private import wines, and will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
If you would like to submit a wine for this program, please fill out the EOI form below. We will then respond directly to you with timelines and instructions for sample delivery.
If you have any questions, please contact Annie Dingwall email@example.com.
Expressions of interest are now open
1 November 2021: EOI Open for wineries/agent submissions
24 December 2021: EOIs close for first cycle
3 – 14 January 2022: Sample bottle delivery window
17 January 2022: Invoices due to Wine Australia for Reimbursement
- Wines must be currently represented within the province of Quebec via a registered agent/importer
- Wines must not be currently available within the SAQ or Grocery channel
- Samples must be brought in via the private import channel and used for the intention of sampling with trade, media, private customers.
- Each producer can apply for a maximum of 4 SKUs to participate in the program. SKUs cannot be repeated in following cycles of the program
Program Confirmation Process
- Wines will be confirmed in the program via return email from Annie Dingwall and will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis. Completion of the EOI form does not guarantee participation.
- Once you have completed your EOI form, your confirmation email will follow within 5 business days. This confirmation email will include all information needed to proceed with the program including sample requirements, contact information, invoicing instructions and delivery requirements.
- Reimbursements will be made in January 2022 and only issued once 2 sample bottles received by Wine Australia for marketing activities
- Reimbursement will only be issued upon receipt of approved invoice (template created by Wine Australia)
- $200 CAD will be reimbursed per case
- Only one case per SKU is permitted
- Only one reimbursement per SKU will be issued
Marketing Support Program
- Wine Australia will require two bottles per participating SKU for in-market marketing activities (including virtual webinars, media kits and engagement and in-market tastings/activities)
- Wine Australia will host at least one virtual tasting, featuring the participating wines and including a local Tier A host. Kits will be provided to Tier A trade attendees. Lists of trade who attended each seminar will be shared with wineries and agents whose wines were featured.
- Social media programs will support all events and may include specific SKU or wine information to promote to key trade and media within the market.
- Wine Australia is able to provide trainings for your agency staff (sales reps, marketing reps, management) to coincide with your private-import sample importation. Our Head of Education, Mark Davidson, will create a virtual training for your staff focussed in on your brands, wineries, and Australian portfolio, and highlight key regions, characteristics and features to better arm your sales staff with up to date information and knowledge to maximize sales and confidence in the marketplace.