Wine Australia, IRI and Wine Intelligence will tag team to provide a comprehensive insight into the Australian retail wine market on Friday 20 October 2017, at the Australian Wine Research Institute in Adelaide.
Wine Australia will provide an introduction and overview of the market, IRI will interpret category trends and how they might translate to the wine market while Wine Intelligence will provide supplementary insights through the eyes of the consumer.
IRI’s Channel Development Director, David Shukri, will deliver insights on broad grocery category performance identifying trends that are likely to cross-over to alcohol.
The categories covered will include:
- top line channel performance across grocery
- the ‘connected consumer (impact of digital in shopper decision)
- health and wellbeing trends, and
- development of the private label market in Australia.
Wine Intelligence Country Manager, Australia and New Zealand Liz Lee said while Australia was a mature and developed wine market there were some signs of ‘trading up’ as consumers sought quality over quantity.
The topics Ms Lee will be covering include:
- Australian regular wine drinker consumer segmentation
- growth in the sparkling and rosé categories
- expansion of varietals sought, and growing importance of regionality
- natural, biodynamic and organic wines, and
- direct to consumer channels.
Bookings are required to attend this free event as seats are limited.
Where: Australian Wine Research Institute, Waite Precinct
When: Friday, 20 October, 2017, 9am until 12pm.
For media enquiries please contact
About Wine Australia
Wine Australia supports a competitive wine sector by investing in research, development and extension (RD&E), growing domestic and international markets and protecting the reputation of Australian wine.
Wine Australia is funded by grape growers and winemakers through levies and user-pays charges and the Australian Government, which provides matching funding for RD&E investments.
Wine Australia is the trading name of the Australian Grape and Wine Authority, a Commonwealth statutory authority established under the Australian Grape and Wine Authority Act 2013.