It is required that all the new Specialist applicants satisfy/provide the following information to Wine Australia:
1. Currently legally or officially import/represent/sell/promote wines from a minimum of 2 Australian wineries/wine brands, the quality and the reputation of the wines from the Specialist include:
- private label and bulk wine are excluded
- export only brands will be considered but subject to Wine Australia sole discretion
- whether Wine Australia is satisfied that the brand (including the label) to be promoted by the relevant party has a well-established presence in Australia
- whether they have received any ‘high ratings’ from reputable wine press, such as Wine Advocate, Decanter, or James Halliday;
- whether they have been the recipient of any wine press awards, such as Decanter Award; and/or
- whether they have been the recipients of any silver or gold (or higher) medals at a wine show of an Australian state
- any brand or wine represented by the specialist not deemed eligible by Wine Australia for inclusion in this Trade Specialist program may be excluded at Wine Australia’s sole discretion
2. Actively promoting and/or selling Australian wine, consistent with Wine Australia strategy and objectives.
3. Provision of your Australian wine portfolio by the end of April 2020, including ALL the brands you represent/sell, and your sales channel and area coverage in Mainland China.
4. Actively promote Wine Australia activities in China to your Australian brands if it matches your marketing strategy and objectives.
5. Actively participate in Wine Australia activities and promotions as necessary.
6. Actively follow and interact with Wine Australia official social media platforms to promote Australian wines.
7. Willing to receive/subscribe Wine Australia e-newsletter or messages on Australian wine updated information, official Wine Australia events in China market, and their party industry events.