In response to market demand and increased interest in the quality and diversity of the wines being produced in Australian regions, Wine Australia is dramatically expanding its successful Market Entry Program.
Continuing in FY ’22, Wine Australia will provide services designed to educate you about the intricacies of the US market (compliance, marketing, pricing and logistics) as well as assisting you in securing importation.
Registrations opened 22 March 2021.
Please refer to Terms & Conditions prior to registering. Online registration assumes that the participant agrees to Wine Australia Terms & Conditions.
|Participants ||Wineries interested in entering, re-entering or expanding their presence in the US market |
|Audience ||Importers, trade, distributors and media |
|Cost (AUD) ex GST ||$12,500.00 |
The South Australian Government will support 15 spots in this program for FY21/22, so wineries interested in participating can apply for a 50% rebate from the Department for Trade and Investment.
Wineries can apply for up to a 50% reimbursement of the Market Entry Program costs through the Wine Export Grants program (subject to eligibility criteria and available funds). More details about how to apply for the Wine Exports Grants can be found below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Twelve bottles of six pre-selected SKUs will be required to complete the Market Entry Program.
- Wineries will be responsible for the cost of shipping wine and any associated taxes/duties.
- Wineries will be responsible for any additional travel or expenses associated with the program.
Participation is subject to availability.
Exact activities for FY ’22 are subject to change dependant on participation numbers and opportunities arising after print.
What and how
Download US Market Entry FY ’22 program deck to learn more about opportunities in the USA as well as program deliverables.
The program provides in-market support to wineries interested in entering or re-entering the US market. It also provides in depth brand strategy support to wineries ready to move commercially in the market. Activities include:
- Deliver a customised business plan based upon your unique market goals
- Create marketing tools and materials for use with US-based customers
- Bring wine into the US market for samples and third party reviews
- Send wines to US-based importers and distributors based upon customer interest
- Encourage importer participation with fast-start dollars in the market
- Support wineries with in-person importer meetings in various US cities, subject to COVID restrictions
- Arrange and participate in importer meetings via video conferencing, as well as aid in negotiations
- Reduced rates with a US-based law firm who are experts in wine laws and trademark issues
Wine Australia offers guidance and marketing support in communications, import logistics and trade outreach, to assist entry-to-market and brand exposure needs.
Collaboration with importer brokers, media outlets and key trade and media contacts will be a central focus of the Market Entry Program in FY'22.
Note: Wine Australia will not negotiate pricing or other winery proprietary business information. Wine Australia provides exposure and facilitation assistance only.
Wineries select up to six SKUs to feature.
Wineries are guaranteed a comprehensive introduction to the US market, utilising shared trade, agency, and media resources.
- Market strategy: Simplify brand and pricing strategy ensuring your winery is competitively positioned for the US market.
- Trade exposure: identify and target suitable import and distribution partners and facilitate subsequent meetings.
- A full assessment of your route to market options via the three tiered system, alternate routes to market or a combination of both of them.
- Wine Australia USA Market Entry coordination and participation in importer meetings via collaboration software platform to support importer meeting facilitation.
What does success look like?
- Provide wineries the knowledge and confidence to be self-sufficient in the US market.
- Development of in-depth US market strategy.
- Routes to market, go to market strategy, pricing, programming and compliance.
- Facilitate customer meetings, with the goal of securing long term importer partnerships by the end of the program duration.
- Give wineries options to choose the distribution strategy that is right for their needs.