Langhorne Creek, McLaren Vale, Adelaide Hills, Southern Fleurieu, Currency Creek, Kangaroo Island
Coordinated by: Langhorne Creek Grape and Wine Inc.
Key topic areas: water use efficiency, pest and disease management, demonstration vineyards, sustainable viticulture, AgTech
The Regional Program in SA Central aims to provide appropriate knowledge and tools to members that will help build sustainable wine and viticulture businesses. The benefits to the SA Central regions include improved viticulture management practices, knowledge to better meet sector demands, more resilient enterprises, and enhanced communication strategies to sector entities within and between regions.
The SA Central Regional Program will strengthen the sector through enhanced regional cooperation without forgoing regional diversity.
The SA Central Regional Program Annual Operating plan focuses on:
- responding to climate challenges
- the business of growing wine grapes
- the value, or otherwise, of the new wave of ‘biological’ applications
- optimising soil moisture and water use
- innovation and technology in vineyards
- sustainable and biodiverse vineyard landscapes
Find out more