- Contribute to the long-term success of the Australian grape and wine sector.
- Lead a dynamic global team and be part of a collaborative sector.
- High-profile leadership role in a multi-faceted Australian Government statutory authority.
Australian wine is a unique, high-quality, value-added product created in 65 wine regions and enjoyed in 114 markets around the world. Australian wine is authentic, exciting and bold – just like the people who create it.
At Wine Australia, we want Australia to be recognised as the world’s pre-eminent wine producer and our team plays a vital role in supporting the sector to achieve this vision. We help foster and encourage profitable, resilient and sustainable Australian wine grape and wine businesses by investing in research and development, building markets, disseminating market information and knowledge, encouraging adoption and ensuring compliance through our regulatory functions.
Based at our head office in Adelaide and working closely with the Board, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall strategy and management of Wine Australia. The CEO provides strong and clear leadership internally to Wine Australia’s team and externally to the sector.
Key responsibilities include:
- leading and managing the strategic direction for Wine Australia
- providing strong leadership both at the organisational and sector levels
- developing and maintaining strong stakeholder relationships across the sector, with governments and other relevant entities
- ensuring appropriate compliance with all governance and regulatory frameworks
- representing Wine Australia in dealing with governments, the sector and media, and
- delivering sound and contemporary management of the organisation, its people, and its services.
The successful candidate will be a senior executive who has extensive experience in the management of a multi-faceted organisation. They will have a proven record of success in strategic development and implementation in a commercial or service environment. An understanding of agribusiness sector issues and stakeholder priorities is also an advantage. Tertiary qualification in a business-related discipline and/or
post-degree studies in executive management or another field is essential.
This is a three-year fixed term contract. Remuneration will be negotiated based on skills and experience. Relocation support for the successful candidate will be considered.
Pacific Search Partners are managing the recruitment. To apply, please email your covering letter and resume to email@example.com quoting Wine Australia CEO in the subject box. For a confidential discussion or to request a position description, please call René Johnson on (03) 9631 1500.
Applications close 31 March 2021.